Kerry is a lawyer, content creator, educator, speaker and host of the Marketing Smarts podcast. She is also Consigliere, Co-Host and Showrunner for Chris Brogan Media, and co-host and producer of Punch Out With Katie and Kerry talk show. She’s been helping businesspeople learn what they need to know so they can do the things they want to do.
Today we talk about the legal aspect of marketing.
In this episode:
- Apart from non-disclosure agreements, what are some other instances that legal needs to get involved in marketing?
- The role of transparency in influencer marketing.
- What are the legal ramifications for live streaming and copyrighted material?
- What is the role of technology in content monitoring and copyright protection?
- How to properly (and safely) do live streaming?
- How can marketers control their environment when they create content.
- What is the setup, process, must- do’s or don’ts for the people interested in launching a podcast or a YouTube channel?
- Examples of resolving the unexpected bloopers while creating a show, podcast or live stream.
Quotes from the episode:
“In influence marketing, there is a lack of understanding that disclosure is even a thing you need to do. People don’t understand that in some cases, an influencer has been paid to partner with a brand and promote their services.”
‘When you’re live streaming, be aware of what you have in the background, be aware of it and music that might be playing. And speaking of backgrounds, make sure you don’t have any trade secrets or personal information of your customers or anything like visible anywhere behind you.”
Enjoy the podcast? Subscribe to the show on your favorite podcast platform, leave a 5-star review and subscribe to Apple Podcasts.
If you prefer watching a video, I also have a YouTube Channel; check it out and subscribe.
If you want to chat, reach out to any social media channels or email me firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also join my Facebook community: Build Your Marketing Skills to Get Ahead. When you join, you get a free Starbucks on me. You can go to the Announcement tab and click on the barcode of the gift card.
To expand your marketing knowledge, check out some of my previous podcast episodes and blog posts.