Hi everyone, here’s a big hello from Portland, Oregon. Welcome to another episode of B2B Marketing & More! Today, I have another fantastic guest – David Meerman Scott.
David is a marketing and business growth speaker, advisor to emerging companies, author of 12 books, including “The New Rules of Marketing and PR” and “Fanocracy” (PR and WSJ bestseller). Last year, pretty much during the pandemic’s peak, he also published an ebook called “Standout Virtual Event”.
Today we talk about how to create a standout virtual event.
In this episode:
- What does it take to create a stand out virtual event?
- What are some of the key elements that event managers should pay attention to when creating an online event?
- In what ways virtual presentations are different, and what should speakers do?
- Learn more about “theatrical” and “cinematic” types of experience.
- How to manage big virtual events and make connections with the audience?
- How to create and use the script for the virtual event?
- What are some features and platform considerations for a virtual event?
- How can marketers sharpen up their presentation skills?
- How to interact with the audience in an online event?
Quotes from the episode:
“I don’t show slides through the event app. I show slides on a big secondary screen over my shoulder. Why? Because the default for the virtual event platforms is that the slides take over. People get bored. They don’t want to look at slides. They want to look at human beings.”
“The world is always looking for new ways to learn about what’s going on out there. To learn about what your area of expertise is. But what the world doesn’t need is someone to just parrot what other people are saying.”
Enjoy the podcast? Subscribe to the show on your favorite podcast platform, leave a 5-star review and subscribe to Apple Podcasts.
If you prefer watching a video, I also have a YouTube Channel; check it out and subscribe.
If you want to chat, reach out to any social media channels or email me firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also join my Facebook community: Build Your Marketing Skills to Get Ahead. When you join, you get a free Starbucks on me. You can go to the Announcement tab and click on the barcode of the gift card.
To expand your knowledge about virtual events, and how to improve your online webinars and presentations, check out some of my previous episode and blog posts.