Welcome to another episode of B2B Marketing & More. A couple of months ago, I talked about The Business Benefit of Taking a Break, and someone left a comment about it on LinkedIn, which I liked very much. This year hasn’t been easy for any of us, and since we are getting closer to 2021, I thought we could all learn how to take a break and make the most out it. So I’ve decided to do a sequel on the same topic, and I want you to hear what my guest has to say.
Meet Jen Carroll, a marketing strategist at Data Dames Marketing, a consultancy she owns together with her business partner Annalisa Hilliard. Jen has been in advertising and marketing since 1996, and she has held both in-house and agency positions – all-around content, social media and media relations. Jen also owned a freelance content marketing business for ten years.
In this episode:
- How to keep the momentum in a crisis, and still enjoying the process, while adjusting a business model.
- Why it’s important to step back from the content creation process to make it more intentional and targeted.
- What are the steps that Jen and Annalisa took to get to a certain point to move forward.
- How to recognize the a-ha moment and what happens when that moment leads to a different vision.
- What is the role of having a proper messaging framework setup.
- Why it’s essential to face the fears, challenges and struggles before moving on with a new strategy.
Quotes from the episode:
“Of course we need to cover our bills, we need to make some money, but this is not just about making a profit. We needed to understand and believe in ourselves about the value that we could bring to the table.”
“I can talk about a lot of years I’ve spent in my life just being very busy, but not being strategic. And I think taking a break allows you that space you need.”
Enjoy the podcast? Subscribe to the show on your favorite podcast platform or leave a 5-star review and subscribe to Apple Podcasts.
If you prefer watching a video, I also have a YouTube Channel, check it out and subscribe.
If you want to chat, reach out on any social media channel, you can also join my Facebook community. Build Your Marketing Skills to Get Ahead. When you join, you get a free Starbucks on me. You can go to the Announcement tab and click on the barcode of the gift card.