Welcome to another episode of B2B Marketing & More! Today I have an excellent guest, Alex Lowe, from the UK.
Alex is a Head of Enterprise Strategy & Operations at Lately, Founder and CEO of Beyond Sales, and the host of The Death of a Salesman podcast. Alex works with and mentor, startups, to scale up business and beyond to help with their go-to-market strategy and execution.
Today we talk about social selling strategy for sales teams, what works and what doesn’t.
In this episode:
- Definition of social selling and what’s wrong with the popular business terminology
- What makes salespeople socially awkward online and what can they do about that
- In-person vs written communication skills
- How to build social into sales and marketing strategy.
- The universal three principles of social selling strategy
- How to select and share corporate content?
- What should salespeople share on social media?
- How to pick and tie the right social channel(s) with social selling strategy?
- What to do when social selling doesn’t work?
- What are the post COVID changes in sales and the digital envoronment?
- How can the marketing team help with social selling?
- What is the future of social selling?
Quotes from the episode:
“Build a relationship, draw them into your network, get that conversation out of social as quickly as humanly possible into this environment that you are in, in a one-to-one environment, hopefully in a face-to-face physical environment. Then you go on your merry way in terms of your sales process.”
“The thing about social selling actually, for me, the most effective social selling is referral selling. It’s using your social networks to get an introduction to someone, to start a conversation. That then has to be recorded in a CRM.”
Enjoy the podcast? Subscribe to the show on your favorite podcast platform, leave a 5-star review and subscribe to Apple Podcasts.
If you prefer watching a video, I also have a YouTube Channel; check it out and subscribe.
If you want to chat, reach out to any social media channels or email me firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also join my Facebook community: Build Your Marketing Skills to Get Ahead. When you join, you get a free Starbucks on me. You can go to the Announcement tab and click on the barcode of the gift card.
To expand your knowledge about social selling strategy, check out some of my previous content.