With over 20 years of success as a marketing executive and business leader for fast-growing companies, John founded Act 1 Partners, a strategic marketing and experiential firm. The company is based in Portland, Oregon, and they have clients nationwide. They help businesses know their market, tell their story and live their brand through many different modules that they have primarily based around branding and strategy.
Today, we will discuss my favorite topic, sales enablement, and the marketing and sales alignment.
In this episode:
- Why is it so essential for B2B marketers to work with sales?
- What is the one thing marketers must do when they engage with a sales organization?
- What are the challenges of marketing and sales alignment, and what marketers can do to improve the collaboration?
- How can marketers improve the collaboration with sales, even change salespeople’s behaviour?
- What can help marketers to understand what they can do to assist the sales team better?
- With everything being digital, where is the handoff between marketing and sales now?
- What is the role of technology in supporting sales?
- What are some low hanging fruits that marketers can do to support sales?
- In what ways a product affects marketing and sales alignment?
Quotes from the episode:
“Good salespeople are the ones who are open-minded and are willing to learn and try new things. It also pays to have some successful salespeople who have relied on the marketing materials or marketing campaigns to be successful.”
“Although marketing automation tools are very powerful and critical for what marketing needs to promote the brand and build awareness and generate demand, that handoff between the leads that come in through marketing automation and how they’re managed in a CRM is critical. ”
Enjoy the podcast? Subscribe to the show on your favorite podcast platform, leave a 5-star review and subscribe to Apple Podcasts.
If you prefer watching a video, I also have a YouTube Channel; check it out and subscribe.
If you want to chat, reach out to any social media channels or email me firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also join my Facebook community: Build Your Marketing Skills to Get Ahead. When you join, you get a free Starbucks on me. You can go to the Announcement tab and click on the barcode of the gift card.
To expand your knowledge about marketing and sales alignment for B2B success, check out some of my previous podcast episodes and blog posts.