Greg got started in marketing while still in college, as the PR guy for his local County fair, the Antelope Valley Fair and Alfalfa Festival, the 10th largest in California. Greg also worked on two congressional campaigns while he was still working and worked on the media relations side. From there, he got into high-tech marketing during the .com era.
Today we talk about how to rebuild a marketing team in a legacy company.
In this episode:
- Learn more about Infinity QS, what they do, and how they rebuilt the marketing department.
- How to start rebuilding the marketing department from the ground up?
- The role of talent management in rebuilding the marketing organization?
- What marketing skillsets should a business look for?
- What is the right approach with the management, and how to get their buy-in?
- With the rebranding and the right people, what is the next step in processes and tools?
- In what ways rebuilding the marketing department affects content creation?
- What is the best way to present the results?
- How to use rebuilding to redefine effective conversions and build on the demand generation?
- In what ways can digital marketing be used to gain results?
Quotes from the episode:
“We moved methodically, and we didn’t try and do everything at once.”
“I didn’t have the legacy knowledge about the company or the legacy brand messaging approach. So I was able to come in completely immersed in this new messaging, which made a big difference for us moving forward.”
Enjoy the podcast? Subscribe to the show on your favorite podcast platform, leave a 5-star review and subscribe to Apple Podcasts.
If you prefer watching a video, I also have a YouTube Channel; check it out and subscribe.
If you want to chat, reach out to any social media channels or email me email@example.com. You can also join my Facebook community: Build Your Marketing Skills to Get Ahead. When you join, you get a free Starbucks on me. You can go to the Announcement tab and click on the barcode of the gift card.