Welcome to another episode of B2B Marketing & More! I have a super, super special guest today – Ruth Stevens.
Ruth is a president of eMarketing Strategy, B2B marketing consultant, author, keynote speaker, and educator. She is also an adjunct professor at NYU Stern School of Business, outside director at HIMSS. She helps mid to large B2B companies improve their marketing strategies and tactics for a stronger pipeline.
Today we talk about must-have marketing skills for modern marketers.
In this episode:
- Essential advice for marketing students.
- Why is it important for marketers to build a personal brand?
- What are the steps and specific actions to consider when building a personal brand?
- What are the most common challenges that students tend to encounter in their first jobs?
- How should students deal with those challenges?
- What is considered the communication in marketing and with other people?
- How can marketers improve their communication?
- How can marketers keep up with all the new technologies?
- Pros and cons of different marketing careers, and how can marketers decide which career path to pursue?
Quotes from the episode:
“I suggest that they get their LinkedIn profiles tightened up and active. One of the most important tips is to focus on their headlines with more deliberation than most people do today by packing many keywords in there. Most people just put their title and company names. That wastes the opportunity to be found for various capabilities that you have.”
“Those who have their eyes open as they enter the workforce should remember that performance on the job, doing great work and delivering value is just the table stakes minimum. To really get to where they want to go career-wise is to remember that they should strive to be well-liked. They should be helpful, friendly, thoughtful, and perceived as someone we want to work with.”
Enjoy the podcast? Subscribe to the show on your favorite podcast platform, leave a 5-star review and subscribe to Apple Podcasts.
If you prefer watching a video, I also have a YouTube Channel; check it out and subscribe.
If you want to chat, reach out to any social media channels or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also join my Facebook community: Build Your Marketing Skills to Get Ahead. When you join, you get a free Starbucks on me. You can go to the Announcement tab and click on the barcode of the gift card.
To expand your knowledge about must-have marketing skills for modern marketers, check out some of my previous content.