A big hello from Portland, Oregon! Welcome to another episode of B2B Marketing & More with Pam! Today, my guest is Douglas Burdett, the host of the Marketing Book Podcast, and the Principal of Artillery Marketing, who will share tips and insight about a do’s and don’ts of a successful podcast.
Douglas has been doing his podcast for six years. So far he had over 300 episodes. His marketing agency helps industrial and manufacturing companies to become better known, liked and trusted in an era when their customers don’t want to be sold or marketed to.
In this episode:
- How to start the process of the podcasting journey and how to generate ideas?
- What role does a podcast play in business development?
- Who should do a podcast, and what should be accomplished?
- How to measure a podcast’s success and how to determine if you want to measure it or not?
- What are the top three things that one must do when launching a podcast?
- What people have to do keep the focus on the podcast topic, and why is that important?
- How to promote a podcast, and how to get more listeners?
- What elements should people look for ahead of time to refine and change the podcast?
Quotes from the episode:
“Podcasts are a great awareness building medium, but they are being misused a lot like a direct response. Don’t worry about your audience size. You don’t need everybody. You need the right audience.”
“Once you’ve published an interview much like publishing a blog post, that is not the finish line. That is the starting gun.”
Enjoy the podcast? Subscribe to the show on your favorite podcast platform, leave a 5-star review and subscribe to Apple Podcasts.
If you prefer watching a video, I also have a YouTube Channel, check it out and subscribe.
If you want to chat, reach out to any social media channels or email me firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also join my Facebook community: Build Your Marketing Skills to Get Ahead. When you join, you get a free Starbucks on me. You can go to the Announcement tab and click on the barcode of the gift card.