Welcome to another episode of B2B Marketing & More. My guest is Lindsay Baggett, a Senior Field Marketing Manager at Couchbase. Couchbase is a NoSQL database platform that works on creating the next generation of database platform.
Lindsay has been doing field marketing for over ten years, and today she will share more about what field marketing is and tips for creating a good field marketing plan.
In this episode:
- What is field marketing?
- How is field marketing different from account-based marketing, sales enablement or sales operations?
- What are some of the planning elements that should be incorporated when creating a field marketing plan?
- What makes field marketing different from the corporate marketing plan? Are they the same? Why are they different?
- Get familiar with some new terminology such as “green field” and “white space”.
- The biggest drawback in terms of field marketing, especially in trends of scalability?
- Who should be included in a field marketing process?
- The top challenges of a field marketer career?
Quotes from the episode:
“We’re not going after everybody. We’re not just about brand awareness. We’re about increasing engagement within our target accounts.”
“Communicate and educate yourself as much as possible with your sales team on each of their territories. Then make sure that your ideas arch back to the directors and what their strategies are for their overall team, for their particular region.”
Enjoy the podcast? Subscribe to the show on your favorite podcast platform, leave a 5-star review and subscribe to Apple Podcasts.
If you prefer watching a video, I also have a YouTube Channel, check it out and subscribe.
If you want to chat, reach out to any social media channels or email me email@example.com. You can also join my Facebook community: Build Your Marketing Skills to Get Ahead. When you join, you get a free Starbucks on me. You can go to the Announcement tab and click on the barcode of the gift card.
To expand your knowledge about marketing and sales, check out some of my previous episodes.