Question: What is the best way to build close relationships with my team?
The best way to build close relationships with your team is having regular face-to-face meetings. If your travel budget allows, it would be great to have a face-to-face meeting every 6 months or so. For example, have a 2-day meeting in which you provide updates and the team shares best practices and discusses challenges and solutions.
If you can’t do it face-to-face, the alternative is to conduct a regular bi-weekly or monthly meeting virtually. Below are possible topics to discuss and share during the meeting:
- Business and sales updates
- Status of the company
- Success matrix and reality check
- Product roadmap and launch timing
- Messaging, product positioning, and content planning
- Marketing research and insights
- Best practices and updates
- Budget discussion
- Tools and processes
- Co-marketing plans with partners
In other words, building close relationships require time and effort. There are no shortcuts.