Welcome to another episode of B2B Marketing & More! Today I have a special guest, David Fortino, Chief Strategist for Netline. David is specialized in audience development, and retention with strength focused on the B2B market.
Today we talk about a specific B2B Content and Demand Report that he managed for the fifth year in a row: the 2021 State of Content Consumption and Demand Report. For this report, David’s team analyzed 4.3 million gated content at Netline.
In this episode:
- Learn more about Netline and what is it that they do.
- The biggest takeaways from the report.
- Trends in content consumption.
- What are the most popular content formats?
- Trends in webinars and communication with the audience.
- Breakdown on webinar audience registration and attendance.
- How to reach a C-suite audience with content?
- What is first-party consumption and why it’s better than third-party consumption?
- How to use technology to collect accurate data from gated content and the challenges?
- How can marketers incorporate security, predictability, and simplicity in their content?
- Lessons from COVID and how they affect marketing.
- Is there are a way to narrow the gap for content consumption?
- The role of automation in content marketing and customer experience.
Quotes from the episode:
“If you want to educate a C-suite person, the best thing you could do is distil things into an ultra-fine brief, with quick-hitting topics and talking points.”
“COVID taught us that there was a necessity to move faster than we felt comfortable moving. And because of that, nothing could be produced in the way and the level of depth and refinement that maybe we would have typically felt comfortable doing or needing to do.”
Enjoy the podcast? Subscribe to the show on your favorite podcast platform, leave a 5-star review and subscribe to Apple Podcasts.
However, If you prefer watching a video, I also have a YouTube Channel; check it out and subscribe.
If you want to chat, reach out to any social media channels or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also join my Facebook community: Build Your Marketing Skills to Get Ahead. When you join, you get a free Starbucks on me. You can go to the Announcement tab and click on the barcode of the gift card.
To expand your knowledge about B2B marketing download the B2B Content and Demand Report here. Also, you can check out some of my previous podcast episodes, articles and videos.